FV4C is a manual gas handling equipment.
FV4C is designed with approved and well-tested components for SF6 gas. Leak-free couplings and components are used to prevent the emission of SF6 gas. The machine is delivered tested, leak tested and CE-approved with user-friendly manual / documentation for safe handling.
FV4C gas equipment consists of 3 boxes:
- Compressor unit: Compressors, regulators, valves, connections and pressure gauges.
- Vacuum unit: Dry vacuum pump for SF6, oil lubricated vacuum pump for air and vacuum instruments.
- Filter unit: Chemical filter, particle filters, connector, control cabinet, hoses and connection cable.
3 pcs oil-free compressors pumping SF6 gas via outlet hose to gas cylinder. The compressors have a pump capacity of 3.6 m³/h and a maximum pressure of 50 bar. Gas pressure is read on pressure gauge mounted on outlet hose. If the maximum pressure is reached, the machine automatically shuts down. Manometers for input pressure to the compressors and manual valves for controlling flow path are easily accessible on a panel plate.
2 pcs vacuum pumps are included, one for SF6 gas and one for air. The SF6 variant is a dry vacuum pump that is fixedly mounted in the box and connected via hoses to the other boxes. The pump has a pump capacity of 6.8 m³/h and a final vacuum of 0.02 mbar. Manual valve for flow control mounted on panel plate. The air vacuum pump is oil lubricated and can be lifted out of the box when used. Capacity of 7.6 m³/h and 0.005 mbar final vacuum. Used after service when electrical equipments are air-filled and must be emptied before refilling SF6 gas.
The filter box contains electrical cabinet, connecting pieces, hoses, particle and chemical filters. Compressors, vacuum pump and heating element are started and stopped from the control panel of the electrical cabinet. The SF6 filter units are developed by Transorfilter Sweden and filter out particles according to ISO 4406, code 16/14/13, purifies used SF6 gas from chemical residual products and remove moisture from the gas. Chemical filter can be dried out and regenerated with the help of mounted heating element in combination with the vacuum pump.
Panel with easily accessible push-buttons, controls and measuring instruments. Manometers for input and output pressure and inlet pressure compressor. Vacuum instrument showing vacuum value / pressure when operating with vacuum pump.
Connection piece for connection to electrical equipment. In standard version with ABB/ASEA connection. Connection for extra pressure gauge. Connection for external gas bottle, which allows the connector to be used for re-filling of gas.
Supplied with complete SF6 hose kit, DN8 couplings, to connect the equipment: Coupling piece - filter unit - vacuum unit – compressor unit - gas bottle. Air hose, DN8 quick coupling, for connection between coupling piece - air vacuum pump. All hoses are re-inforced with stainless steel wire braid with PTFE inner hose.
The FV4C is supplied in 3 pcs aluminum boxes intended for industrial use to protect the equipment. Carrying handles are mounted on all boxes for easy handling. The two larger boxes have dimensions (LxWxH) 800x600x610 mm and the small box dimensions (LxWxH) 800x600x410 mm. For storage / transport, the 3 pcs boxes are conveniently stacked on a standard EU pallet (1200 × 800 mm) where the small box is placed at the top.
- SF6 adapter kit - Adaptation of filling equipment with standard connections for switchgear and breakers (DN6, DN7, DN8, DN20, Hansen, Magrini, Malmkvist (Malmquist), Westinghouse etc.)
- Material selection – Most components / fittings are available in several materials (eg stainless steel, brass, aluminum).
- Gaskets and sealing materials – Selected with accuracy based on requirement specification.
- Measuring equipment – Measuring instruments and connections for fixed installation / external connection (density monitor SF6, vacuum instrument, pressure gauge vacuum, pressure gauge high pressure, couplings for measuring equipment etc.)
- Gas regulator – Gas regulators adapted according to gas type, pressure and flow with connection to gas cylinder. (N2 regulator, high flow regulators, regulators for alternative gas, gas cylinder connection according to American, English, Chinese standards.)
- Hoses - Large range of hose sizes and hose types. Special hoses according to customer requirements (dimension, length, pressure, protective casing, reinforcement, coupling type etc.).
- Filter type - Different types of gas filters to filtrate gas from particles, moisture and residual products. Size is adjusted according to need and flow rate (particle filter, SF6 filter etc.).